Our policy is to never share your information with anyone outside our organization.
You can easily opt-out later if you wish by clicking here: Opt-Out or sending an email to MailingList@LearnSketchUpDC.com with the subject line "Unsubscribe"
SketchUp® is a powerful but intuitive software program that allows you to create objects in three dimensional virtual spaces, for applications such as architectural and interior design, engineering, film and video game design. Jumpstart your ability to model in 3D with SketchUp in this one day workshop!
Learn the fundamental skills for modeling projects in 3 Dimensions using Trimble SketchUp. Through demonstrations and hands on exercises, this course will guide students through the basic techniques and essential knowledge to start creating 3D SketchUp models for digital and printed presentations. The course is geared toward those with little or no SketchUp experience.
This one day workshop is from 9:00 AM to approximately 4:30 PM, with a 15-minute mid-morning and mid-afternoon break, and a lunch break at about 12:30. Students can bring their lunch, or purchase from nearby locations.
Click HERE to see our detailed Course Outline
Download Course Outline PDF
What you’ll need
- Your Laptop Computer, with a scroll or 3 button mouse, and power cord.
- SketchUp installed (either Make or Pro). SketchUp Make is available at no cost from www.sketchup.com
- An understanding of fundamental geometric terms such as: polygon, parallel, perpendicular, axes, etc.
- Basic knowledge of your Windows or Mac operating system, and fundamental computer skills including: start an application, copy and paste files, internet navigation.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Create 2 dimensional geometry (in a 3D environment)
- Create surfaces from lines and circles, polygons and arcs
- Modify geometry with the push-pull tool
- Create and View a model in 3D
- Move entities to manipulate geometry
- Apply Materials
- Create 3D Text
- Create and edit Scenes
- Import component models from 3D Warehouse
- Prepare images using built-in Styles
|About Learn SketchUp DC
Learn SketchUp DC is a Washington D.C. Metro area group established to help people learn how to use SketchUp in clear and concise courses that are designed for a wide variety of user groups, taught by experienced educators.
If you’re interested in having a customized course, or courses tailored for specific groups, feel free to contact us at Info@LearnSketchupDC.com.
|About the Instructor
Fidel Ortega graduated with honors from Pratt Institute and quickly became a sought-after design architect, joining several prestigious architectural/interior design firms. During his 20 year career, he has focused on Interior Architectural Design, where his award winning designs continue to explore and challenge how people engage with the built environment.
An avid SketchUp user for over 12 years, Mr. Ortega uses the program as part of the design process from preliminary design to construction documents, including visualizations that help clients understand the final product. Mr. Ortega has taught students of the Master of Interior Design program at the Corcoran School of Design and held classes in Architectural and Interior Design and Visualization. Mr. Ortega is a registered architect in several states and is certified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards.
Some Fine Print
- While we try to fill all available spots, the course may be re-scheduled if the minimum necessary attendance is not met.
- While course outline reflects the direction of the course, the skills of the class members are taken into account so that everyone can understand the materials. The topics covered may be changed slightly from the course outline at the discretion of the instructor.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations greater than 14 days from the start of the course, subject to a $20 processing fee. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, a 50% refund will be issued, subject to a $20 processing fee. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued.